Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Drive Out

The drive from Boulder to Kirkland was absolutely uneventful-thank god.

Having driven through Wyoming too many times, I went through Montana instead which I have previously done before.

The only highlights of the 23.5 hour trip were driving past the south, middle and north forks of the Crazy Woman River. I think a few ex-girlfriends hung out there from time to time.

The other was passing through Clinton, MT and seeing a billboard for the "Testicle Festival". On the sign there is a bull standing up on its hind legs and covering its genitalia. Apparently, this is a pretty big thing (pun intended). http://www.testyfesty.com/

I spent the night in Bozeman the first night, and then made it into Kirkland early Friday evening.
I really thought I was screwed when I hit the Seattle traffic at 5pm, but it turned out to be fine. This will probably be the only time I say that about Seattle traffic.

The weather the first 4 days was fantastic with temperatures in the upper 80's. It felt like I had never left Boulder. However, I woke up this morning to rain falling. Man, I'm going to have to get used to that!

2 comments:

jtjedi said...

Welcome to Seattle! Yeah, the rain is something to get used to but the beautiful green colors makes it worth it. I think...

Lara McDermott said...

Give us more....since you never call we have to know what is going on with you.