Thursday, June 5, 2008

Finally An Update






For all of you dedicated followers of the blog, I think that's three of you, here's an update.

I am training out of two barns River Run Ranch and Simpatico Stables. There's a short blurb about me in the news section on the Simpatico website. The pictures I posted are of River Run Ranch which is probably the nicest facility I have worked at.

I am pleased with where things are at right now. Yesterday, Deb Reinhart hired me to train her exceptionally talented 5 year old mare, Vienna at River Run. I rode Vienna last week and it was like riding on clouds. I am extremely excited about this and showing her as well.

Also at River Run, I am working with a 5 year old Andalusian/Quarter Horse cross, named Jobim. Jobim has the attitude of a 5 year old kid and is very pleasing to work with. Occasionally, I will be working with Claudius who is a 13 year old Dutch Warmblood who is schooling I2 and Grand Prix. Last week I was playing around with 3 and 2 tempi changes and that definitely brought a smile to my face working on those!

At Simpatico next week, I'll begin working full-time with Paesano a 10 year old Hanoverian/Thoroughbred gelding. I began riding him last week for a couple days last week. Paesano is a fun horse to ride with a fantastic personality. He is currently showing 2nd level and I will be working on schooling him at 3rd level here shortly. He is currently for sale ($25,000) if you're interested click here and/or contact me.

There are two other horses I will be starting next week, Sabu and Falcon. I have ridden Sabu (Oldenberg) twice already and will be schooling him (2nd and 3rd level) for his owner Sharron Himmell until she recovers from a hamstring injury. Sabu has great gaits and it will be fun to train him.

Falcon I have not ridden yet, but will post updates later.

The past few days I have received a bunch of inquiries about lessons, so things are starting to get busy!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

EOPayne said...

awesome, matt! sounds like youre happy and busy - good things. and of course im totally jealous! =)