Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First Show

I will be entering the show ring for the first time in 10.5 years at the beginning of April. I will be traveling out to Rancho Murieta, CA for the Golden State Dressage Festival. This is a big show with a lot of good riders and horses.

My childhood friend, Amanda Olson, offered me the chance to ride one of her client's horses in the show. This is a mare they recently purchased and the client wanted the horse to be shown. the client will be out of town and Amanda thought it would be good for me to show this horse and she is already committed to ride a lot of horses at this show. We will be showing Second Level.

Originally, I was planning on traveling out to Amanda's farm, near Carson City, NV, for a few days at the end of March to do some riding there. Also, this was the last person I wanted to consult with to see me ride to make sure I wasn't fooling myself about this comeback.

Amanda called me over the weekend to see if I wanted to stay an extra week and come to the show with them and show this horse.

I'm very excited to be returning to the show ring. This will be good for me because I will be going to a show where no one will know me, nor care about how I do. This would be much different than the environment will be in Seattle. So, I get the first show out of the way in a fairly stress free environment.

My sister who lives in Santa Cruz, will be coming up for one of the days for support.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

No comments: