Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back In the Saddle





After 10 years away from the sport, I started riding casually in October of 2007. A friend's sister rode dressage and invited me out to ride her husband's school master. After two rides, I started to get that "itch" again and began riding 2-3 times per week as my schedule would allow.

When I went back to Seattle for the holidays, our friend Mary Frizzel asked me to ride her young horse Jobim. I rode everyday that I was in Seattle (8 days). The big highlight was being allowed to ride an FEI horse named Claudius. I got a lesson on him from my first trainer Wendy Meyers and that's when the juices began to flow. Even though it wasn't a flawless ride to say the least, I had moments on him where I began to find the passion that drove me for so long.

It felt "right" to be riding again and it felt right to be trying to ride at the lower levels of FEI.

No comments: