Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Devonwood Dressage Show

Devonwood was one of the big shows for me this season. Next to Championships this is the second "biggest" show in the region.

I took down Claudius and Neo to show at the Prix St Georges.

The short story, and that's all you are going to get, is that while we didn't have a bad show, we didn't ride as well as we could. I wasn't looking to win the classes (Claudius did win his 4th level warm up class), but go into the classes and feel really good with how we did. That never happened. A big part was I couldn't find my mental focus and didn't ride with the sharpness that I would have liked too.

I took the week after the show fairly easy and now this week I'm back on track. I feel my confidence back and am getting both Neo and Claudius riding well.

We have the Whidbey Summer Show show 2 week from tomorrow. I have the utmost confidence that I will be able to not only get the horses going better before the show, but will be able to find my "zone" in the show ring.

In the meantime, it's lot's of practice both on and off the horse.

The one great thing about the show, besides showing at a fantastic venue, is the help and support I received. Owners Cindy and Rebecca, and groom Rachel, worked tireless for me throughout the entire weekend, and in very hot weather too. A big thanks to some of the fan club who made the drive down (Mom, Wendy, Julie, Norma, Roxanne, Joan).

Thanks for reading and I'll put an update in before we leave for the next show.




No comments: