Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weather Gods

The past two Sundays I've attempted to take three of my young horses to the EI March Schooling Show and each Sunday we have been met with uncompromising weather. Last Sunday we had snow on Saturday night and today we had snow, wind and rain. We actually made it to Bride Trails today and when we were within a mile of the show grounds, the snow really started to come down and stick to the road. In a situation when you're not pulling a load, the roads weren't bad-but I'm not going to risk the horses' safety and therefore we promptly turned around and schooled at home instead.

I'm guess the weather gods are saying, "We don't want you to show the young horses". All I want is to get them in a show like atmoshpere before the big shows this summer. Hopefully we can pull that off in April!!

Upcoming this week (Wednesday and Thursday) is the Heinrik Johansen clinice at River Run and Simpatico. I will be riding Claudius, Cinzano, Nick and Sabu in the clinic. The following week I'll be taking Neo to another location to take two lessons from Heinrik.

Neo is due to arrive Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, for which Rebecca and I are very excited about.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Thanks for trying to get my boy out there... I can't wait to meet Neo :-)