Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm Back.....Back In The Saddle Again

So today is the third straight day that I've ridden since the injury; and so far, so good. I wasn't planning on beginning any sort of riding until next week, but it started feeling good enough to try. I've done limited riding, only 2-3 horses a day, and not doing full work (20-30 minutes in duration).

I'm very happy to report that I have experienced absolutely no pain; as there was one ride where I was stressed and I had no response! If anything, I'm more stiff than anything else. It feels like I've done a couple heavy days of weight lifting.

I can tell my timing is slightly off during the rides since it has been over 3.5 weeks since the injury. I'm pleased where I am at, and I can start back up where I left off fairly quickly.

I'm going to take it easy through the weekend if the response is good, then full bore next week!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

"one ride where I was stressed" hmmm that didn't happen to be on Falcon, did it ?

Alanna said...

It's great to have you riding again, btw. I could hardly believe the difference that I felt in Falcon this am. I knew that you had ridden him yesterday as soon as I started walking him.