We are all packed up and ready to go, minus a few miscellaneous items. We'll be leaving early tomorrow morning.
In terms of training, Neo is in the best possible spot I can have him in. We are ready to take it to the next level in preparation for Grand Prix and polish up the small tour for the CDI shows we'll do in March. Neo's strength and submission are at his best since we've had him. He feels like he can give a lot more.
Our goals for the next two months are:
- Increase Neo's strength and engagement
- Continue to polish up the piaffe and passage so that the rhythm becomes more consistent and we have greater elevation
- Continue working on the 1's so that we can get 15 in a row consistently
- Work on perfecting the small tour tests so that we have strong showings at The Dressage Affaire and The Festival of the Horse shows
- Have fun and enjoy the time in California
A big thanks to Neo's owner Rebecca Chatfield for this opportunity and to everyone at W Farms for hosting us down there.
Thanks for reading. I'll try to keep the blog updated more while I'm down there.